The CBS Model
Tiered Service Delivery
At CBS, we strive to ensure consistent quality of care through a tiered delivery model. This model includes:
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA): This is a master’s level certification in the field of behavior analysis. Those with the certification provide consultation, family training, case oversight, and supervision of all other staff members on a child’s team. They may work alongside a Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA), which is a bachelor’s level certification that permits the individual to assist a BCBA in their behavior analytic tasks.
- Program Manager: This individual is the main point of contact on a child’s team. They are responsible for planning the programming, training the staff, leading meetings, analyzing data, and developing treatment plans based on the child’s needs.
- Program Manager Assistant (PMA): The PMA is a therapist on the child’s team that also assists the Program Manager in observations, administration, and team communication. This provides an additional layer of oversight for the child’s programming.
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT): Each team consists of multiple RBTs, or “therapists,” that are primarily responsible for the direct implementation of the ABA services. Each RBT receives 40 hours of training in ABA, which is supplemented by training on specific clients, CBS culture, and professionalism. RBTs receive ongoing supervision from BCaBAs and BCBAs.
- Trainers: These individuals assist in the initial and ongoing training of our Program Managers, PMAs, and RBTs through evaluations and observations.
Family Collaboration Model
CBS is dedicated to helping kids connect with the world around them, and we know that there can be no better connection than one that comes from family and caregiver relationships. As an in-home provider, we believe that the best way to begin an intensive ABA intervention is with the full support and involvement of the family. Parents and family members have long been the experts on their child(ren)’s learning. As CBS teams up with families to begin an intensive ABA program, we continue to promote this expertise through a series of phases that assist each family in understanding and participating in the home program.